The crate washer is designed to remove dirt and wash undeformed plastic crates. The turner is used to remove shards and large dirt in the containers before washing. After washing, the crates return to their original position on the next turner.
The crate washer is designed as a longitudinal tunnel equipped with a set of nozzles. The passing crates carried by the chain conveyor are washed by the pressure of the washing solution as they pass.
- The crates are carried by the conveyor of the washing machine into the washing tunnel, where in the first phase the crates are sprayed with a 60C warm washing solution.
- Through the sieves and suction basket, the washing fluid is fed into the ejector tubes by a powerfully sized centrifugal pump. The spray pressure is approx. 0.3 MPa (3 atm) and a large amount of pumped washing fluid (approx. 20 m3/hr ) ensures perfect cleaning even when the dirt is large.
- In doing so, the electrostatic forces of the plastic are disturbed. This intensive spraying is performed by ten interconnected spray tubes, each with 5 flat spray nozzles that spray the washing fluid at a pressure of 3 atm.
- The arrangement of the spray nozzles with different spray angles ensures thorough cleaning of the containers from all sides. The used liquid, which, depending on the degree of contamination of the containers, may consist only of hot water or hot water and caustic, drains into a collection container located under the ejector system.
- The heating of the washing liquid is done by steam – direct injection. The temperature of the washing liquid is automatically regulated by a thermostat.
- After passing through the washing section, the rinsing section follows, where the containers are rinsed with clean water from the distribution system. This water from the final rinse is collected in a special container and used to continuously refill the washing solution.
- After rinsing, a short drip follows and the containers are taken out of the washer.
- The outfeed conveyor is not part of the washer, but can be ordered.
- To ensure trouble-free operation due to scale build-up in the nozzle ejector system, the water hardness should not exceed 10 German degrees.
- Tunnel washer is with a continuous conveyor.
- The cabinet is welded from stainless steel sheet class 17.
- The tunnel, water distribution, sieve and suction basket are made of stainless steel class 17. There are removable covers along the entire length of the tunnel. The sealing of the covers is ensured by means of labyrinths.
- The washer is divided into a washing and rinsing section.
- Temperature control in the washing tank is carried out by the “Metrik” control valve and the temperature controller.
- Spraying is carried out by a spraying system of tubes.
- The transport chains are made of stainless steel.
- The conveyor is driven by a variator.
- The lower part forms a collection tank for the washing solution.
- The circulation of the washing solution is ensured by a centrifugal pump.
- Filtration of the washing solution is ensured by an inclined sieve under the conveyor and by a suction basket in front of the pump suction.
- The rinsing is done with water from the tap. From the rinse water collection tank is replenished the level of the washing tank.
- The control of the washer is from panel located on the washer.